What’s that one thing that you look for when you plan to travel with your baby? You may name variety of things ranging from a diaper bag to water bottles and baby blankets. Well, the most important thing will be a car seat. You can’t carry your baby in your lap while travelling in your car. You need a car seat. If it is convertible then it will be a better option.
A convertible car seat is preferred by the parents for many reasons. Before deciding on to buy one for your baby, consider the following advantages and disadvantages.
- It allows enough space between mother and baby. Parents and baby can stay comfortable without disturbing each other.
- Convertible car seats are robust in construction and can be fixed easily. Due to its reliable built they can carry heavier babies. They can also work efficiently for bigger babies and kids up to age of 5 years or 65 pounds.
- These are versatile and can be fixed as rear facing or front facing according to the age of the baby or your preference.
- The convertibility of this kind of car seat makes it economical. If you get a good quality convertible car seat it can be used for many years. It is one time investment in baby furniture.
- The convertible car seats are better for infants as they can be seated in rear facing position. This is an ideal situation in case of a sudden brake or shock due to accident.
- Since the car seats are convertible in nature so some parents do find them ill-suited for their young babies. Some time they need to adjust the seat for baby’s tiny body by using cushions. The baby may feel uncomfortable in such situation.
- It can be fixed in upright position. If you want your baby to lie down comfortably and fall asleep then you may not be able to do so. Baby may not feel comfortable to sleep.
- It can remain fixed in the car and you cannot take it out and carry it along if you want to move around.
- Even though a single convertible car seat can serve for babies and toddlers, but the contraption and harness system remains the same. As your baby grows you may find it unsuitable or insecure for a growing baby.
Considering the economical value a convertible car seat saves a lot due to its versatility. But it may become a bit uncomfortable for a kid if the needed adjustments and settings are missing.